Wednesday 26 October 2011

Is it me, or is changing bedsheets backbreaking work?

I have just a twin bed set against a wall of the room, but to change its bedsheets, I have to lift the mattress up on its side, then tuck the fitted sheet around both inner corners. Then place the top sheet, blankets and comforter on top, and align them, and then lift the mattress up again in order to tuck all those in. Sure I've been doing this for a while now, but how do you people manage?Is it me, or is changing bedsheets backbreaking work?Sheets on twin size beds are pretty easy to change. Your description makes it sound horrible. The only twin beds that I have trouble with are the bunk beds that are jammed up against walls. Move the bed out from the wall far enough to get behind. (about 1 to 1 1/2 feet) Fitted sheets are great. Be sure to buy the ones with “deep” corners. This will give you lots of sheet to tuck in. I like to start at the top. Pull the sheet corners down over the mattress. Sheet should be tight with no wrinkles. You can lift the mattress slightly as needed. Then move to the bottom of the mattress and pull the corners down.



Top sheet I put the sheet right side to right side that way when you make ready for the night you see the design. Look in the mirror to see if both sides are the same length. I put the top of the sheet level with the top of the mattress. Smooth out the sheet over the bed. At the bottom I lift the mattress slightly and tuck the bottom of the sheet in. About 10 inches from the corner I lift the sheet to form a triangle over the mattress. I then tuck the sheet that is left under the mattress. When I drop the triangle it forms a strait edge at the corner. You can add a blanket lining the top to about 6-8 inches lower than the sheet top and pull the top of the sheet over the blanket edge. Tuck in the bottom of the blanket at the bottom just like the sheet. Then you can tuck blanket/and or sheet along the edges. (Most people don’t do this step.) Other wise pull the sheet top back 6-8 inches. Add a bedspread or comforter if desired. Change pillow case(s) and add decorative pillows.



I rarely lift a mattress more than a few inches. And, most people don’t have their beds jammed up against wall so I don’t have to move them out.
Is it me, or is changing bedsheets backbreaking work?
It's a pain, but I don't think there;s a better way of doing it aside from getting someone else to.
Is it me, or is changing bedsheets backbreaking work?
so i dont think you should be a housekeeper. Ya just deal with it.
Yeah, I pretty muich hate doing my bedsheets.

Worst part of the week, hands down.

I also have to lift my matress, and then like, superman the covers to the other side and hope they stay.

Your not alone, buddy.
So just throw the sheet on, tuck it under your pillow and then throw on the comforter and be done with it. Obviously I change my sheets and wash them, but I don't put them back on properly. I'm not in alignment with what my mother taught me I don't guess. I just don't see the point of taking the time to make a bed properly if I'm going to sleep on it in 16 hours and screw it up again. I can find better things to do with that 10 minutes... like read a book or answer weird questions on Yahoo! Answers :)
i agree it's work but nothing beats the feelin on lying on clean sheets...
its because its against a wall its more difficult

i have a kingsize waterbed, THATS backbreaking to change but i still do it twice a week, i LOVE clean bedding
My husband/I share this EVIL chore.. It goes pretty quickly that way..... I also wash the duvet covers and put them back on every 2 weeks....



Good luck
It's a nightmare. Try being a hotel housekeeper for a couple of years. :( I did that throughout college.
  • Microfibre or feather duvet quilt
  • get time from datetime
  •