Wednesday 26 October 2011

How long should I stay on the combined pill for before changing methods?

I am 20 and have been on it for 5 years,but I heard that if you stay on it too long you can become infertile or it is not good for you or something. I am wanting to change contraception but am not wanting anything long term (i.e something that lasts months or years at a time)

What has anyone else done in this situation? Is it better to stay on the pill or switch to condoms or anything else anyone can think of?How long should I stay on the combined pill for before changing methods?well i started off with the pill because i was bleeding all the time but when i started serious relationships i went onto the depo injection every 3 months. This was great for me as it stopped my period all together but not at 40 i had to have a hysterectomy and my consultant told me it was due to been on the pill for to many years. Watch what your doing and do not rely on a condom.
How long should I stay on the combined pill for before changing methods?
try implanon it last 3 years here is a link about it i have it and i works great!!!