Monday 17 October 2011

If you were writing a resume after changing careers, how would you choose which format to use?

I will be graduating in May and one of my classes requires a written resume. My previous jobs include restaurant management, hospital unit clerk, telemetry monitor on the cardiac ward, and HR manager. My future career will be as a physician, however the job I am to focus on for the assignment would be related to a bachelor's degree in biochemistry.

Would it be better to focus on specific abilities from these jobs or to continue with a chronological format. Also, should I focus on the classes I have taken to prepare for my degree such as labs and neglect job history or should I include job history and just do a basic overview of my college preparation. Is it necessary to include grade point and test scores (MCAT)? Thanks for any advice you could pass on to me.If you were writing a resume after changing careers, how would you choose which format to use?I can bring my resume over for you to see. You should include all of the above in different locations on the resume. There should be a place for all relevant background, and some that isnt relevant. You never know what the employer is looking for. I'll bring a copy of mine over that you can keep and look over as a reference. I also have a lot of books on resume writing I can dig out.