Wednesday 21 September 2011

How does Taxi Driver reflect the changing values of the period in which it was released?

I have to answer that question in paragraph form for class and don't quite know how to go about the question. Great movie though! If any of you could give me your opinion regarding how the movie reflects the changing values of the period in which it was released, then I'd be eternally greatful :) Any insight will help. Thanks!How does Taxi Driver reflect the changing values of the period in which it was released?%26quot;On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody.%26quot; is the tagline. I think, in 1976, people would have been more conservative, and not really thought about being someone famous. The Beatles had just started in 1960, so they would be influencing the parents of the coming generation, around 1976. I think it shows a greater desire to be something (eg, a rockstar, or president killer, or buster up of a pimp while saving a girl). People value more now individual accomplishments, rather than more family oriented ones. People have a greater opportunity, or at least they think they do, which is what matters, to set out to do something.
How does Taxi Driver reflect the changing values of the period in which it was released?
I pulled this out of my rear end, so I hope you actually know whether it's right, haha. I'm only 16, so wasn't alive then or anything :P Good luck on your answer.

Report Abuse


How does Taxi Driver reflect the changing values of the period in which it was released?
Wow that's amazing. I'm impressed! Haha I'm 19 and still needed help with this one! Thanks a lot :)

Report Abuse


Haha, no problem, glad to be of service. Did you like the movie? :D And, did it email you when I commented here? Haha.

Report Abuse


google it